Saturday, May 26

Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Corn on the Cob

You know it's almost summer when all of the cooking magazines have lines like "Let's Grill!" or "Get Your Grill On" and pictures of hamburgers and anything charred grace the covers.  I freaking love grilling! 

I picked up the June issue of Food Network Magazine and basically want to make every single page but I obviously have to settle down and cook one thing at a time! Today I started with the Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Corn on the Cob, as featured on page 148.  So simple and delicious!  I cooked my corn in foil, with butter and salt rather than directly on the grill, as I like it to kind of steam/poach in the melted butter...   I changed the sauce a little bit by adding sriracha rather than the red pepper flakes they called for and was really happy at how it turned out - this would also be a great rub/sauce for chicken too!  Enjoy!


Ingredients:
1 large pork tenderloin
4 ears of corn, remove the leaves and silk

Spice Rub:
1 tbsp paprika
2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1 tsp packed light brown sugar
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp Keen's Mustard Powder (not sure if available in the States, but this stuff is the bomb!)
1/2 tsp onion powder (I crused about a tbsp of onion flakes in my mortar)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1-2 tsp olive oil to coat the tenderloin with


Sauce:
3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
3 tbsp packed brown sugar
2 tbsp ketchup
1/2 tsp sriracha sauce

Secret Sauce

Method:
At least 3 hours before you want to bbq, prepare the spice rub.  Spread out a big piece of Saran Wrap and lightly oil the tenderloin.  Work the spice rub into the tenderloin with your fingers and wrap it up tightly in the plastic - then throw in the fridge for 3-6 hours.


You can reserve extra spice rub as long as you didn't touch it
with your ditry pork hands!
Thirty minutes before you're wanting to cook, remove the tenderloin from the fridge and let come to room temp.  Preheat your bbq to medium high.  Chuck the tenderloin on the bbq and grill for about 20 minutes, turning occasionally - be patient and let grill marks appear yo!

After one turn... foiled corn in the background...
Now it's time to make the sauce - combine all of the ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat - make sure the sugar is dissolved.  Remove from heat and set aside till you're ready to serve!!

Back to the bbq: when the internal temp gets to about 140-145, remove from the bbq and let rest for about 15 minutes.  Slice, drizzle with the sauce and serve!!  With more of the spicy sauce if you're inclined!  And the buttery yummy corn!  Oh and I also had some potatoes ;)

 
So looking forward to a summer of grilling goodness!!

5 comments:

  1. Looks incredible. I love pork but it bothers my tummy. I wish I could eat it every day. This would be top of my list. Corn and pork, holy moley I'd be in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! Love it, love it, love it!

    So glad to finally see people embracing the new standards on the safe cooking temp of pork and not cooking it till its as tough as shoe leather. Pink pork is now officially ok to eat. And great tip letting people know to let it rest before slicing. You nailed this one. I haven't tried that recipe, but I will.

    Just wish I could buzz this 2 or 3 times instead of just once.

    ReplyDelete